Monday, March 21, 2011

On DVR Guilty Pleasures

Story #1:
I came home from yoga tonight late and Nick was sitting on the couch watching a basketball game on his cell phone. He had dinner made for when I got home (sigh...). When I sat down with my dinner he paused the basketball game on his phone and said "Why do you think I am watching this game on my phone?" I answered, "Cause you love your new phone more than our 42 inch flat screen tv?" He suddenly didn't look amused. He said, "I came home from work to watch March Madness and I couldn't watch it on the TV because you had two things recording at the same time. Bethenny Getting Married and 19 Kids and Counting. So I am watching the game on my phone. You're lucky we just got new phones."

I couldn't help but laugh. It isn't my fault that my two guilty pleasures are on at the same time on the same night. Some things are just meant to be. Thank goodness for Androids and our 3G network.

Story #2:
The other day Nick and I visited our friend at his apartment to hang out. We hadn't seen him in awhile so it was nice to catch up with him at his place. A lot of our Cali friends are boys, so I often have to partake in boy chatter which is only interesting to an extent. The two boys walked outside to the garage to look at our friend's new surfboard. Boring. They had March Madness on TV and since SoCal has been FREEZING the past few days, I passed on walking out to the chilly garage to look at a surfboard. I grabbed the remote to change the channel but hit "List" instead of "Guide" because that's kind of confusing and I didn't know the difference. Well, "List" takes to to the list of DVRed shows. On the first page of recorded shows, I saw that he had recorded the movie Devil Wears Prada, I saw about 5 episodes of Kourtney and Kim Take New York and a few episodes of Teen Mom.

I was so shocked because our friend is a big tough athletic dude, who happens to fancy some yummy feminine TV. To each his own.

Highlight the text after the star to reveal which story is true * The true story is story number one. My dear, dear Nick was so kind to not cancel my guilty pleasures and watched March madness on his Android. Oh the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment