Thursday, February 17, 2011

On Yoga Clothes

Pre story:
Since driving seven hours home from Mammoth on Sunday night, I have been pooped. I have gone to bed past 12:30 each night this week and to say the least, I am exhausted. I decided at 5:30 today that I wanted to go home instead of going to my 6:30 yoga class. My apartment looks like a bomb went off and my bed is calling my name. I instant messaged Nick at 5:30 saying that I was a no go on yoga. Unfortunately for me, Nick pulled some preaching verbiage out of no where. Here was our convo:

Me: I am not going to yoga tonight.

Nick: Why?

Me: Cause I am exhausted and don't want to go to bed late.

Nick: There will ALWAYS be an excuse. Every day you can come up with excuses. Fight through them! You need to be strong! You will be so happy with yourself when you're finished! I will have dinner ready on the table when you get home! You can sleep on the weekend! DEFEAT THE EXCUSES!

Me: Um, ok I guess I have to go.

So after the Oprah-esque pep talk I had to drag my tired self to yoga. Sighhhhhhhhhhh.

Story #1:
I walked into yoga and sat down on my mat before class. I rarely make conversation before class so that I can start my focus and stretch before practice. Today I noticed the woman next to me who I did not recognize smile at me. I smiled back and she leans close to me and says "Your outfit matches your yoga mat! Do you plan that?" Um no! Why would I match my outfit to my yoga mat?! I answered, "No, I didn't." I then looked in the mirror and noticed that I had a turquoise sports bra to match my turquoise mat plus a purple tank top on to match the exact shade of my purple towel that I lay across my mat. Embarrassing.

Story #2:
Because I was planning on not going to yoga today until I talked to Nick (the motivational speaker), I was now running really late. I had to get dressed and fill up my water bottle in not enough time and basically arriving to yoga stressed is never a good thing. I ran into my friend who I work with on my way into the gym. He said, "Hey Jenna!" I ran passed him and yelled back, "I am running late, bye!" I sprinted up the stairs two at a time and prayed don't trip, don't trip, don't trip. Open the door to yoga with 2 minutes till start time. I laid my mat out and started to stretch for a minute before we began. I noticed the woman next to me who I did not recognize smile at me. She then leaned in and said "Your shirt is on backwards, sweetie." I looked in the mirror and she was right. "Oh my goodness, thanks." Mortified, I quickly turned my tank top around before drawing too much attention to myself.

Highlight the text after the star to reveal which story is true * The true story is story number one. Apparently me and my yoga mat dressed like twins today, but at least my shirt was not on backwards.

1 comment: