Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On Bieber Fever

Story #1:
My dear, dear friend Gina agreed to see the Justin Bieber movie, Never Say Never with me about 4 months ago. Since then, I have reminded her of our Bieber date weekly... and most recently, daily. She isn't a huge Belieber, but she can tolerate his music and I have even seen her dance to Baby while we were in Vegas together last November.

We decided to go see the Biebs tonight after work. The movie didn't start until 7:30 and I made poor Gina meet me at the theater at 6:45. I wanted to give us ample time to buy tickets and get some good seats in the inevitably crowded theater. I think Gina was reluctant to meet me so early, but she is a total trooper and let me be a bit obsessively early.

I pulled up to the theater and the parking lot was full. I knew it had to be Beliebers out by the dozens. I met up with Gina and we stood in line for about eight minutes for tickets. I had a few moments of panic that we may not get a good seat in the theater. After we paid and got our 3D glasses we made our way to the theater. When we walked in the place was packed. I have never seen a theater so packed with Teeny Boppers in my life. Gina said that she was suddenly a bit embarrassed to be joining the Beiber Fever craze. I told her that the tickets and 3D glasses were already bought and that she was not getting off so easily. We ended up finding two seats next to each other in the second row. Have you ever watched a 3D movie in the second row of a theater? My neck still hurts. The next two hours consisted of 3D Bieberness (which I loved) plus lots of screams and claps from the very excited Beliebers.

Story #2:
Gina was such a rock star to meet me at the movie theater 45 minutes before the movie started. I felt a bit guilty for making her rush dinner after work. I didn't even get a chance to eat dinner myself. I ate a few M&Ms plus some chips and salsa (great for my wedding diet). I gave the fiance 5 minutes of attention and then was on my way to the movies to exacerbate my Bieber Fever.

With 45 minutes till show time, I pulled into the parking lot and it. was. empty. I chalked it up to the fact that we were 45 minutes early to the movie. Gina was prompt and ready for some 3D action. We got our tickets and sexy 3D glasses and made our way to the theater. I didn't know what to expect when we walked in but I was surprised at what I saw. Empty theater. WHAT? Where are all the Beliebers?! Gina said that we were still super early and that people will start to filter in. We picked whatever seat we wanted in the theater and chatted a bit with the now 30 minutes we had to kill. During the next 30 minutes, a mom and her daughter walked in and then a bit later two college age girls. So the five and a half of us Beliebers (Gina is almost a Belieber after tonight!) enjoyed two hours of 3D Bieberness. Throughout the movie I couldn't help but wonder why the theater was so empty. But then I came to the conclusion that it was a school night and we were seeing a relatively late showing and that all of the teeny boopers must be be nestled all snug in their beds, with visions of Bieber dancing through their heads.

Highlight the text after the star to reveal which story is true * The true story is story number two. I am sad to report that the Beliebers did not bring a strong showing to the movie, but I nonetheless enjoyed the flick. So did Gina. She apparently was singing Bieber tunes when she got home and her fiance texted me reprimanding me for spreading the Bieber Fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment