Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On Something That Made Me Smile...Multiple Times Today

Pre Story: Something happened earlier today that made me giggle... hard. And then a few times during today while I was sitting at my desk wasting away in the numbness of my mundane computer work, this moment floated into my head again and made me laugh. Out loud.

Story #1:
Today at the gym I was in the weight room. With the body building men. We all know I have issues with that. I slipped on one of my rules and allowed my eyes to wonder to make sure that no one was looking at me. I noticed a middle aged man nodding his head to quite an intense beat in the corner of the weight room while he was in the middle of one of his repetitions. This caught my eye and when I looked back he was in an all out dance party to a song on his ipod. I bet it was Lady Gaga. Sighhhh what a cool dude.

Story #2:
Last night in the middle of the night I woke up to the sound of Nick laughing...very hard. I thought for a second that he was awake and chose an inopportune time to laugh so I whispered "Nick?" his response was more giggling. I reached over and nudged his shoulder and said "Nick you're laughing in your sleep!" I obviously woke him up and he was shocked to discover that he had been laughing in his sleep. I just thought it was kind of creepy. In his tired state he tried to explain how he had a dream that our friend ate soap or something. I answered, "Guess you had to be in the dream to get it. GOODNIGHT."

Highlight the text after the star to reveal which story is true * The true story is story #2. Nick found his dream so hilarious that his laughter made it out of dreamland and into my sleep to wake me up! I don't care how funny eating soap is Nick, a tired Jenna is NEVER funny.

1 comment: