Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why hello

Which story is the truth?

Here it goes.

Story #1. I have had this idea for a blog for a few months now; however, I have not yet been motivated enough to try it. I had a really frustrating day at work today and I need to do something productive tonight to get my mind off of the events of today. So let's start this thing. I must say that I have some pretty comical daily encounters. I don’t know if it’s just me or if I have a way of making multiple situations unusually notable for myself. I thought it would be interesting to record some of these moments in a blog. I have always been a creative cat and I have not yet been brave enough to blog and have strangers read my writing. I write professionally for a living, and I was interested in another creative outlet to not only chronicle some real life stories , but to practice some fiction writing and... ehem... stretch the truth a bit. I have never blogged before, so here it goes folks, I am giving myself permission to lie.

Story #2. I have been avidly blogging for the past 6 years. I came up with the idea of writing two stories (one fact and one fiction) in a blog while chatting with a friend today about how easyyyy it is to stretch the truth while blogging. Most of my other blogs are more serious, so I am trying something more lighthearted for once. I have a few blogs that I update regularly, but I am working on strengthening my creative writing so I thought a fun way to push myself into writing fiction and comedy would be to blog each day about something fun. However, I vow today that I will tell the complete truth in my true story only if I can have a little fun with my other story. So let's toast to this start of something new.

Highlight the text after the star to reveal which story is true *The true story is story number 1! I am new to blogging, but I will toast to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment